We pulled out of Crawford, Colorado at 9am. and headed to Grand Junction to take a short break and see the Colorado National Monument. I hadn't been here in over 50 years. I think is was around '72 when we came to visit cousins who lived outside of Grand Junction back then. Like most photographs, there's only so much the camera can capture but, here's a few shots from Colorado National Monument.
Afterward we slipped back down into Grand Junction and restocked at Sam's Club before heading north for an overnight stop in Vernal, Utah by way Colorado 139 north and over Douglas Pass. A scenic drive in northwest Colorado. The pass is known for its steep grades, sharp curves, and dramatic views of the Canyon. It was probably the hardest workout Georgie Girl has ever had so far. The speed limit drops to 25 mph as you wind through the sharper curves and steeper grades. It's a good thing too, 25 mph is all I could get out of her there. We pulled off at the top and took this pic of the canyon we had just come out of.A Blog/Journal record of our experiences in an RV enjoying retirement. We are Steve and Lynn from Bella Vista, Arkansas traveling in our Forest River - Georgetown GT3 respectfully nicknamed "Georgie Girl" with our two Yorkshire Terriers Toto and Bilbo.
Tuesday, August 25, 2026
Northbound and Down
We could finally see the mountains fading into view on the horizon as we approached ever closer to the Highline Trail RV Park. We got in about 3:30 and I finally got to get this update posted. Here's the view for this afternoon, an Ultra Hi-Res preview of tomorrows drive through Grand Teton National Park.
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Northbound and Down
We pulled out of Crawford, Colorado at 9am. and headed to Grand Junction to take a short break and see the Colorado National Monument....
-
A s a way to keep up with my travels, I've always relied on my wife to write journal entries or Facebook posts to friends. After a disa...
-
We've been enjoying time with family here and set out to explore the area. I'll not bother attempting to articulate the exper...
-
I spent considerable time making preparations for this trip. We took a complete inventory of the RV and were able to lose about 50 p...





.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment