Nothing compares to the drive on I-70 heading west. We got started by 9 am and the windshield on Georgie Girl was more like an 8k 98 inch Wide Screen TV you couldn't stop admiring. I wanted to pull off and admire the view almost every mile of the way. It wasn't long before we came to Georgetown Colorado and since we're driving a Georgetown it was the perfect excuse to pull off and get a few pics. None of which could really do it justice but this is the view of the rest area behind the Visitors Center.
It's an uphill climb to the Continental Divide at the Eisenhower Tunnel and then a long downhill run all the way to Grand Junction and beyond. I so badly wished I had the dashcam in the RV for this part but, since I didn't, Here's a link to that drive on YouTube. For best results you want to run it muted and playing at half speed. Well worth a few minutes streaming on a big screen if you can. I expected to need the Oxygen boost when we were nearing the Continental Divide but I think the views were just so breathtaking we didn't notice.
The views are changing constantly on the way down the western side. Our next stop was above the Dillon Reservoir between Silverthorne and Frisco, CO.
By the time we got to Grand Junction, CO we were in need of a supply stop and stopped at Walmart before turning south to visit family near Crawford, CO.
For now, this will be my view from the RV for the next few days. It does get warm here, 95 degrees during the day but it drops pretty quickly as soon as the sun sets and I woke up to 61 degrees this morning. I'm surrounded by lots and lots of Lavender growing here and its quite invigorating as a natural scent permeating the air rather than some spray scent for a can. Even though we've dropped back down in elevation (about 7800 ft.) I've been a bit short on air and have used the Oxygen boost canister a few times here. A few more days here should have me acclimated.
We'll be here for a few days and have plans to do a little exploring so I should be highlighting some of that later. Until next time, Cheers!




No comments:
Post a Comment